Elysian Technology is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to deliver value to our customers by supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has 5+ years of industry experience as a Systems Administrator/Engineer. This experience and knowledge will be used to support our customers in a meaningful and value-driven way.
A successful Sr. Systems Engineer combines technical skills and experience with equally important customer-centric soft skills. Technical responsibilities include architecture, implementation, design and troubleshooting, motivation to learn new technologies, and industry certification. In addition to technical responsibilities, this individual works directly with customers to explain infrastructure technologies, guide them through requirements gathering, and work with the Elysian team to formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
- Performing IT systems administration and engineering independently and part of a team
- Independently investigate and resolve complex technical problems
- Application migration, documentation and troubleshooting
- Investigating and resolving desktop, server, and network issues (independently and within a team)
- Implementing new technologies and upgrading existing technologies
- Mentor and guide junior resources
- Work with other team members for a complete IT department delivery – provide Enterprise Level Service
- Reviewing reports for system health, trends, and open items for clients – seeking to ensure client environments are performing well and aligned with business goals
- Participating and leading client projects to implement new technologies
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Understanding of the market, business, and technical requirements
- VMware vSphere 6.5+
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Ability to effectively manage one’s own time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- US Citizenship
- VMware Horizon / Workspace One Experience
- Experience working in an IT services organization
- Industry certifications:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the job title as your subject line.