Elysian Technology is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to deliver value to our customers by supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge. This experience and knowledge will be used to support our customers in a meaningful and value-driven way.
The Senior Systems Administrator will support a wide variety of information technology (IT) tasks across a diverse set of network and computer resources. The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for contributing to the IT team’s efforts in maintaining and improving the group’s computer resources and meeting government IT security requirements. They will implement technical solutions to complex IT problems with general supervision. Qualified candidates must be able to maintain computer hardware, software, and networks for a variety of operating systems.
- Be the lead/mentor to junior members of System Administrator team
- Provide general day-to-day user support
- Management, administration and support of systems infrastructure
- Recommend needed computer systems, network hardware, software, etc.
- Ensure system availability; regularly patch and perform backups for systems
- OS deployments & upgrades; Windows and Linux desktops and servers, as well as network infrastructure
- Upgrade hardware and firmware
- Install, upgrade, maintain and patch all commercial software
- Manage networks, file shares, virtual infrastructures and SAN/NAS environments
- Remediate vulnerabilities and maintain compliance with policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for all Systems Security Plans
- Document IT procedures
- Applicant must have Secret security clearance
- Applicant must have an active Security+ certification
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and VMware
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent
- Troubleshooting experience of hardware and software
- Basic networking skills and fundamental knowledge
- Applicant must have highly effective verbal and written communication skills, proven experience working in a team environment, and the ability to complete assignments independently with minimal supervision.
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with research high performance and real-time computing environments
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements and procedures, RMF & STIG
- Competent with administration and troubleshooting of one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, Office Suites, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, MDT, DOS/PowerShell scripting
- Linux RHEL/CentOS 6/7
- Networking, CISCO, Subnetting, Routing
- VMware 6.5+
- Certification in one or more of the following: Comp Tia A+, Network+
This position requires an onsite presence at the Cambridge, MA office.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the job title as your subject line.